Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Here's to a new me.

Enrichment meeting tonight, touch me like it never has before. I didn't cry my eyes out, I am not a cryer. It was like the bishop said, he called it a "spirit of meditation". It made me refocus where I am as a wife, as a mother, and reprioritize my life.

I am going to be a better wife. More compassionate, more understanding, less selfish.

I am going to develop a love for the scriptures, so that I can teach my children to love them while they are little. They can't go wrong in life with the teachings of the scriptures to guide them.

I am going to sit down and have tea parties, and do puzzles and just play with my girls.

I am going to look my kids in the eyes a lot through out the day, with the look of love, not the look of death.
I love being a wife, I love being a mom. Yeah,there are days that are hard, but we all have them. Nobody has it perfect. That is why we are here, to feel the love of our Savior, and learn. Without hardships we wouldn't know happiness. I now have more patience to go forward with more love, and kindness.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you. Thanks for going with me! Help me to remember too. We all have a lot of work to do. Together we can do it. My favortie quote from the bishop was "If you read them you will understand them."

Allison said...

You are a brave woman to put all that out there. I guess it is a good thing to make ourselves accountable. I totally agree. It was an awesome night. I keep asking myself, "Is it really that simple?" I know it is I just need to have the faith.

Unknown said...

I'm right there with ya! Especially the part about the look of death! Just reading what you wrote makes me want to try harder to be a more patient wife and mother.
We need to go to the park with the kids and have a picnic. Maybe we will bring pot pie sandwiches!!!

Sarah said...

It's always good to get a little kick in the pants towards the right direction! I wish I was there!

Irene said...

I love moments like that. When I have a chance to sit with my thoughts and realize that I need to do better. I think every time I have had a moment like that I know that I am feeling the spirit closer to me.

Rochelle said...

I've always known you were that kind of person. I look up to you a lot!